My entire experience with Physio4all has been superb…
Whatever your age, physiotherapy can optimise physical function and self- confidence.
At Physio for All we can help older people to restore, maintain and improve strength, mobility, flexibility and balance. If you have difficulties travelling to our Battersea practice or prefer to be cared for at your home, we provide home visits in South West London.
Are you over 60 and feeling the wears and tears in your body? Are you worrying about your ageing parent who has walking difficulties and is at risk of falling? Are you an active senior who would like to be proactive and maximise your physical abilities?
- Functional MOT for seniors
- Osteoporosis programme
- Fall prevention programme
- 1:1 Silver fitness and Clinical Pilate
During the initial consultation, the physiotherapist will ask about your current concerns and past medical history, followed by a thorough physical assessment and the preparation of a personalised programme according to your needs and goals.
The functional MOT for ageing people, carried out by a physiotherapist, is a personal screening of physical abilities to identify problems and weaknesses which may have an impact on daily life and physical or sports activities.
We recommend a functional MOT to everyone getting older who needs professional help, would like to be proactive to prevent later problems and maximise their independence and fitness.
Physiotherapy can help seniors and elderly with:
- Aches & pains such as back and neck pain
- Physiotherapy pre and post-surgery
- Prevention of falls to reduce the risk and fear of falls
- Prevention of injuries and fractures
- Difficulty with walking, balance and coordination
- Neurological rehabilitation such as Parkinson, Multiple sclerosis
- Incontinence and pelvic health issues
- Breathing problems such as shortness of breath, chronic obstructive pulmonary disorder (COPD)
Build stronger bones, reduce the risk of fractures and build confidence with Physio for All’s Osteoporosis Management Programme.
After the age of 35, we all lose more bone than we form new. Bone loss increases gradually as part of the ageing process. Both women and men are at risk of osteoporosis, and in women bone loss occurs fastest in the first few years after menopause.
Osteoporosis is a silent disease. If you are not sure if you are at risk of breaking bone? Try the online fracture risk assessment tool FRAX.
Osteoprosis and risk of fracture information from the NHS site
- The Osteoporosis Management programme includes :
- A thorough assessment to test your strength, movement, posture and balance and evaluate your level of fitness
- The design of an individual programme of progressive exercises: flexibility, strength, postural, balance, weight bearing, cardiovascular and resisted exercises.
- A handout of the exercise programme
- Advice and recommendation on safe exercise and fitness
- A follow-up appointment to check how you are doing and progression of exercises.
- Follow-up sessions can be discussed with your physio.
This evidence based physiotherapy programme is suitable for persons presenting with low bone density, Osteoporosis and Osteopenia.
As we are getting older, falls are more likely to happen and some serious injuries can affect quality of life and independence. The most serious fall-related injury is a hip fracture.
Are you afraid of falling? Are you a parent or a friend concerned and looking for help to reduce risk of falls?
Physiotherapists can help treat and prevent falls with a targeted exercise programme.
You can read more information and advice on physiotherapy and Fall prevention and risk of fractures from the Chartered Society of Physiotherapy.
- Our Fall Prevention programme includes :
- An Initial consultation taking account of your current problems, past medical history, evaluation, physical assessment and preparation of an individualised programme according to your needs and goals.
- Exercises to build Strength and Power with exercises targeting important muscles such as quadriceps and core strength muscles.
- Exercises to develop Balance from easy to more challenging proprioception and balance exercises or situation. It will give you confidence
- Advice on general cardio-vascular fitness, walking aids, and fall prevention strategies.
After listening to your current and past health problems, we will carry out a thorough physical assessment and discuss a physiotherapy treatment plan according to your specific needs, abilities and goals. Physiotherapy may include:
- Pain relieving techniques
- Massage and “hands on” therapies
- Exercises to improve range of mobility, strength and movement
- Balance and coordination exercises
- Advice on daily activities and walking aids
- Support with families and carers
If you are unsure if physiotherapy can help you, if you have questions or would like information about our seniors’s programmes, please do not hesitate to contact us
What our patients say
I had not been to Physio4all for a few years and a bad sciatica made me make the journey again to Webbs road; the staff is welcoming, friendly and very professional; special thanks to Adriano who put me back on my two legs in only one session plus loads of advices; superb performance!
Comparing my recovery to unfortunate friends who had a similar ACL and MCL skiing injury, I have had far smoother and faster results , which I believe is fully attributable to the regular, motivational and professional treatment from Physio For Al. Thank you so much!
I had some physio sessions both for post-natal perineal rehab after my second child and during my pregnancy when expecting my third child to relief me from back. With each session I felt better. Christine is a lovely practitioner who knows the woman body inside out, truly cares and is the expert. I would 100% recommend her and her practice for any pregnancy post-natal treatment.
I’ve been using Physio For All for 17 years, prior to that I’d never used physio. It sorted out issues I’d had for 30 years. All the therapists have been outstanding. I recommend you all the time! Thank you for your excellent and caring service.
My Physio has been excellent working with me through a long rehab post-surgery. I am now able to participate in sports at the same level as before injury. This is far surpassing even my own expectations I wholeheartedly recommend Physio For All to anyone who wishes to be able to return to full, normal activity following injury.
I had incontinence issues after given birth due to a very weak pelvic floor. Things I could not do anymore including running and I thought that would be the case for the rest of my life. After a couple of months of treatment things have now dramatically improved. Thanks a lot Christine for all your help!
I came to the physio to deal with an incredibly sore Achilles that has severely hampered my ability to exercise. After several sessions I am back to cycling again – running to be taken up again soon too – and pain free. The clinic staff are also lovely and the opening hours are super convenient.
I have had ongoing back, shoulder and neck pain. My treatment at Physio For All has taught me exercises to strengthen my muscles and relieve pain and I have felt a huge improvement. I think the staff are excellent, experienced, sympathetic and extremely helpful. I have recommended Physio for All to many friends. I now come regularly for a massage to help prevent the build-up of tension.