Comparing my recovery to unfortunate friends who had a similar ACL and MCL skiing injury, I have had far smoother and faster results , which I believe is fully attributable to the regular, motivational and professional treatment from Physio For Al. Thank you so much!
Physio for All is a leading London Women’s Health and Pelvic Health practice which has been treating women, men and children for over 25 years.
Physio for All Women’s Health and Pelvic Health physiotherapy and osteopathy service offers a comprehensive and holistic approach to physical problems associated with pregnancy, childbirth, motherhood, post-surgical conditions, the menopause and beyond.
We specialise in pregnancy and post natal care, pelvic floor dysfunction such as incontinence, pelvic organ prolapse, sexual pain, in-pelvic and back pain, rehabilitation post breast, gynaecology and prostate surgeries and osteoporosis programs.
Whether you want to recover your weak abdominals and get back to shape or have complex pelvic pain, we can help you.
We recommend our MOT POST NATAL CHECK for new mums to help optimise recovery following the birth of your baby. A specialised Women’s health physiotherapist will check your pelvic floor and abdominals, discuss issues you may present such as incontinence or abdominal separation (Rectus Abdom. diastasis), back and perineal pain and give you plenty of advice on safe exercises and return to fitness or sport.
Read more about our Postnatal packages
Women of all ages should not put up with embarrassing pelvic health conditions that can be very common (1 in 3 women suffer from urinary incontinence) when help and simple treatment solutions are often available. Physiotherapy has proven to be extremely effective in helping many problems associated with pelvic floor dysfunction and is recommended as a first line of treatment for stress incontinence before surgery is considered. Find out if you can be helped with our Pelvic Floor Questionnaire and if you need a Pelvic Floor Check?
- Antenatal care (Pregnancy) and Post natal care – back and pelvic girdle pain, carpal tunnel, incontinence, abdominal separation, weak pelvic floor and abdominals and perineal pain
- Bladder and Bowel problems – Incontinence, Urgency, Frequency
- Prolapse of pelvic organs descent
- Pelvic pain, perineal, vulvar and abdominal Pain
- Sexual dysfunctions – Painful sexual intercourse
- Pre and Post Surgery: caesarean, hysterectomy, prolapse repair, breast surgery, prostate
- Pre and Post Menopause challenges
- Osteoporosis Management Programme to build stronger bones and reduce risk of fracture
- Other Pelvic Floor dysfunction conditions
All women should have a Pelvic floor check whether after childbirth or later in life for early intervention or to prevent problems.
- Pelvic Floor Re-education and Pelvic Floor Exercises
- Post-Natal MOT Check post 6-weeks Pelvic Floor and Tummy checks
- Manual Therapy “hands on”
- Clinical Pilates
- Massage- Lymphatic Drainage
- Biofeedback and Electrotherapy for pelvic floor and abdominal rehabilitation
- Posture, biomechanics and muscle imbalance correction
- Exercise prescription, core dynamics treatments and advice on fitness and return to sport
- Acupuncture and Dry Needling
- Mother and Baby clinic
- Antenatal and Postnatal classes and workshops
- Patient education and advice
You don’t need a doctor’s referral for physiotherapy
We work closely with renowned London consultants Obstetricians, Gynaecologists and Urologists as well as with local GPs and midwives. We may refer you to your doctor if we think physiotherapy is not appropriate or if you need further investigation.
We have close contacts with the local NCT, twin clubs, fitness trainers in Battersea, Clapham, Wandsworth, Fulham, Kensington and Chelsea where we are happy to organise informative women’s health and paediatrics workshops.
The therapists at Physio for All encourage a MULTIDISCIPLINARY treatment approach. When necessary and with your approval, we will refer you to another health care specialists to optimise your care.
What can I expect on my first Women’s Health visit?
- We will listen to your issues and symptoms and what you would like to achieve
- We will discuss your relevant past and present medical history, your bladder, bowel, dietary and fluids intake habits as well as hobbies and sports
- This is followed by a lombo-pelvic and abdominal physical assessment which may include if necessary and with your consent a visual or manual internal vaginal/anal examination. Pelvic Floor Muscle check
- With clinical reasoning, your physio will explain what may have led to your symptoms and how to improve them or prevent them from getting worse
- Then an agreed treatment options programme is discussed and planned
Meet our team of experienced and specialised pelvic health physiotherapists and osteopaths with postgraduate studies in Gynaecology, Obstetrics and Urology.
Our ethos is to empower women to get better, feel better, prevent and take control of their problems and stay active throughout every stage of their life. With a professional, confidential and sensitive approach our women’s health physiotherapists will assess and work with you to address your concerns and treatment options as well as give you plenty of advice and information so you can get back to your activities and the sport that you love.
For the best outcome and to achieve your goals, we encourage you to play an active role in your treatment and rehabilitation and to put in practice the advice and Home Exercise programme.
We are member and regulated by the Pelvic Obstetric and Gynaecological Physiotherapists association.( POGP )
What our patients say
I had some physio sessions both for post-natal perineal rehab after my second child and during my pregnancy when expecting my third child to relief me from back. With each session I felt better. Christine is a lovely practitioner who knows the woman body inside out, truly cares and is the expert. I would 100% recommend her and her practice for any pregnancy post-natal treatment.Anon
I’ve been using Physio For All for 17 years, prior to that I’d never used physio. It sorted out issues I’d had for 30 years. All the therapists have been outstanding. I recommend you all the time! Thank you for your excellent and caring service.Anon
My Physio has been excellent working with me through a long rehab post-surgery. I am now able to participate in sports at the same level as before injury. This is far surpassing even my own expectations I wholeheartedly recommend Physio For All to anyone who wishes to be able to return to full, normal activity following injury.G.
I had incontinence issues after given birth due to a very weak pelvic floor. Things I could not do anymore including running and I thought that would be the case for the rest of my life. After a couple of months of treatment things have now dramatically improved. Thanks a lot Christine for all your help!Anon
I came to the physio to deal with an incredibly sore Achilles that has severely hampered my ability to exercise. After several sessions with Francois I am back to cycling again – running to be taken up again soon too – and pain free. The clinic staff are also lovely and the opening hours are super convenient.Sara
I came to Physio For All as I had been here in the past for plantar fasciitis. I would recommend them to a friend as they are very helpful, calm and have your best interest at heart. I felt very happy with my PT session and more relaxed than I was anticipating. The PT was friendly, empathetic and kind, Plus, the price is very good for this service.Anon
I have had ongoing back, shoulder and neck pain. My treatment at Physio For All has taught me exercises to strengthen my muscles and relieve pain and I have felt a huge improvement. I think the staff are excellent, experienced, sympathetic and extremely helpful. I have recommended Physio for All to many friends. I now come regularly for a massage to help prevent the build-up of tension.Charlotte
I have always had a tight back and was having regular sessions, but when I had my broken ankle accident through tennis, that’s when Jose at Physio for All became vital to me! I would not have got through the past 3 years without my regular sessions with him! Now I have also had a knee operation, again through tennis, I am in safe hands getting back to the level where I can start tennis againAnon