At Physio for All we would like you to have the best experience, throughout your all journey with us. From booking an appointment to achieving your physical and functional goals.
Below are a few of the most commonly asked questions. If you have any further queries or concerns, please do not hesitate to contact us.
We are looking forward to your seeing you.
- To book an Appointment, simply just pop in, call us or book by email.
Use our Contact us and Find Us pages for details.
- Looking for immediate care? We aim to offer Physiotherapy with one of our practitioner on the same day or within 24 hours of contact.
- How long do appointments last for? Your first physiotherapy and Osteopathy session will last up to 45 minutes to allow assessment and treatment. Follow-up sessions usually last 30 minutes but can be extended depending on your condition.
Physiotherapists and osteopaths do not require a Gp’s or specialist’s referral to assess, diagnose and treat your condition or injuries. All our physiotherapists, osteopaths, nutritionists and psychotherapists are registered and can see you without referrals.
If you wish to claim under private medical insurance, some may ask you for a doctor’s referral. It is best to contact your provider for clarification.
We work closely with GP and Consultants. With your consent, the therapist will liaise with your doctors and will refer you back should further investigations be necessary.
- Documents: If you have a letter from your doctor or relevant test reports (Xray, scans…) bring them with you.
- Clothing: We recommand comfortable clothing to allow proper evaluation and treatment. To understand the causes of the condition we may need to assess further than the affected area.
You could bring a pair of shorts, sports bra or a strappy top for women. If you are a keen in sports you could bring your sport’s shoes & orthotics.
If you have any concerns, please talk to your therapist. We endeavour to maintain your comfort and modesty at all time.
If you cancel or change your appointment with less than 24 hours’ notice or if you fail to attend an appointment, you will be charged for the full cost of the appointment.
We understand there are some genuine or unpredictable reasons to miss or cancel an appointment. Your time is precious and so is ours. We are a busy clinic and ask you to understand and accept our strict cancellation policy.
- Payment is due prior or at the time of any consultation or session.
You can pay by Cash, Debit or Credit Card (except American Express).
- Private medical Insurances
Physio for All is registered with all major medical insurance companies: Bupa, Bupa international, WPA, Cigna, Aviva, Vitality Pruhealth, Standard Life, Groupama, AXA PPP…
We bill directly Axa PPP and Bupa UK insurances
If you wish to claim your cost, we will issue a receipt that you can submit to your insurance company. We advise you to call your insurance provider. Some may ask for a doctor’s referral. Some will limit the amount or the number of sessions allowed which can have an impact on your plan of treatment and outcomes achieved.
Physio for All is an approved and recognised Bupa UK physiotherapy provider.
- When calling Bupa to authorise physiotherapy treatment, please give them our details:
Physio for All Battersea Provider No: 80008847
- What do we require prior to your first appointment?
- Your membership number
- Your pre-authorisation number related to your specific condition
- Your policy limitations: Excess amount, maximum benefit allowed and/or the number of sessions authorised.
- You must agree to pay us:
- the Excess amount up front at the time of treatment.
- all amounts above your annual policy.
- all amounts or sessions not authorised by Bupa.
- And to fill in and sign the Bupa registration form prior to your first appointment.
You can download, print and bring this form at your first appointment to speed up the process
Please call Bupa prior your appointment and be aware of your Bupa policy.
We cannot call Bupa on your behalf due to data protection.
Give your loved ones a Healthy and Wellbeing gift!
Vouchers can be used for all or services: Massage, 1:1 Clinical Pilates, Physiotherapy, Osteopathy, Sport-fit programs and all our packages.
Payment by Credit or Debit Card can be made over the phone.
We will either send you by email the printable E-Gift Card or you can pop in at the practice to collect the Gift Voucher or we can send it by post to your required address.
The user of the voucher will just need to call the practice to arrange an appointment time.
- The ‘Use by date’ on the Gift Vouchers cannot be extended.
- The Gift Vouchers are non-refundable and non-transferable.
This is how easy it is to give a unique and much appreciated gift!
Yes, you can bring a friend or a support person at all time.
If you do not have child care, the receptionists are happy to take care of your baby in his/her pushchair during quiet time. We are a family-run and child friendly clinic.
You can buy on site products as Strappings, Therabands, Kinesio Tape, Gym balls…. Or we can advise you and order for you from provider companies
- Which Therapist will I see?
You can of course choose your therapist. If you are coming back, you may choose to continue with the same therapist. You may also choose a Male or Female therapist.
Our well trained receptionists will guide you to the most appropriate therapist according to their specialties.
Alternatively, they can arrange the specialised therapist to call you in strict confidentiality.
Within the Our Team Page, you can look at the expertise and specialties of the therapists.
- How many treatments will I need?
Every patient and situation is different.
During your first session, your therapist will discuss a treatment plan according to your condition and goals. You will be reassessed at each visit and the treatment plan may vary with your progress.
Some patient need just one or two sessions. Other cases such as rehabilitation post-surgery may need more sessions. Some patient come for regular maintenance.
To give you a rough idea, our overall average physiotherapy sessions per episode of treatment is 5.5 which is well below many practices.
- Physiotherapy- What can I expect on my first visit?
Your initial consultation and treatment will take up to 45 minutes when your physio will:
- Take a thorough History to gain an understanding of your condition or injury and its impact on your daily life and activities.
- Assess and Examine your injury and identify the type, source and cause of symptoms
- Formulate a list of problems, a diagnosis and discuss this with you
- Discuss with you the treatment plan according to your short & long term goals, realistic expected outcomes and its approximate duration
- Provide Manual Therapies “Hands-on” techniques and other physiotherapy treatment modalities as acupuncture and rehabilitation exercises according to your condition and pain.
- Provide patient education and recommendations
During the following sessions, which generally last 30 minutes, progress is monitored and the treatment may vary and be adjusted towards the agreed goals and outcomes.
You are welcome to ask any questions during your course of treatment.
What our patients say
My entire experience with Physio4all has been superb. From initial enquiry, to the first consultation and the subsequent sessions, everything was extremely professional and friendly. Christine put together a great plan for me and supplied me with constant support throughout the rehabilitation process. Her and her staff also went above and beyond in assisting me to supply the insurance company as well as the surgeon with all the information they requested throughout the process. All in all, a great experience and would wholeheartedly recommend them. Taufik
I had not been to Physio4all for a few years and a bad sciatica made me make the journey again to Webbs road; the staff is welcoming, friendly and very professional; special thanks to Adriano who put me back on my two legs in only one session plus loads of advices; superb performance!
Comparing my recovery to unfortunate friends who had a similar ACL and MCL skiing injury, I have had far smoother and faster results , which I believe is fully attributable to the regular, motivational and professional treatment from Physio For Al. Thank you so much!
I had some physio sessions both for post-natal perineal rehab after my second child and during my pregnancy when expecting my third child to relief me from back. With each session I felt better. Christine is a lovely practitioner who knows the woman body inside out, truly cares and is the expert. I would 100% recommend her and her practice for any pregnancy post-natal treatment.
I’ve been using Physio For All for 17 years, prior to that I’d never used physio. It sorted out issues I’d had for 30 years. All the therapists have been outstanding. I recommend you all the time! Thank you for your excellent and caring service.
My Physio has been excellent working with me through a long rehab post-surgery. I am now able to participate in sports at the same level as before injury. This is far surpassing even my own expectations I wholeheartedly recommend Physio For All to anyone who wishes to be able to return to full, normal activity following injury.
I had incontinence issues after given birth due to a very weak pelvic floor. Things I could not do anymore including running and I thought that would be the case for the rest of my life. After a couple of months of treatment things have now dramatically improved. Thanks a lot Christine for all your help!
I have had ongoing back, shoulder and neck pain. My treatment at Physio For All has taught me exercises to strengthen my muscles and relieve pain and I have felt a huge improvement. I think the staff are excellent, experienced, sympathetic and extremely helpful. I have recommended Physio for All to many friends. I now come regularly for a massage to help prevent the build-up of tension.